Take your yoga practice deeper and wake up to joy, love and freedom
June 7th - June 14th 2019
If you are looking to learn practical skills and techniques to integrate yoga into your daily life, then join us in the beautiful coastal town of Latchi, Cyprus for 8 days (7 nights) of exploration and immersion into the practice and philosophy of engaged yoga.
Experience how yoga can offer you a real opportunity to access true joy and freedom, and have all your yoga-related questions answered by Christopher Gladwell – one of the UK’s most experienced and senior yoga teachers.
On this journey we will strengthen the relationship between the body, mind and spirit and deepen our knowledge and experience of yoga tantra – the backbone of engaged yoga – through daily practices of movement, meditation, breath and mantra. Together, in community, we will unplug from our everyday routines, and plug into ourselves and our true nature.
We are providing two options; a 4 night long-weekend, or for those wishing to really benefit from the immersion, the full 7 night retreat. The 7 night immersion will qualify you for a certificate of attendance, which will go towards further trainings with Chris and Emma.
Check-in is after 3pm on June 7th for both the 4 night and the 7 night attendees. Flights and transportation from Paphos airport are not included in the price, but we are happy to help and advise you regarding any transportation needs.
Cyprus boasts an impressive 326 days of sunshine per year, and is famous for its hospitality and Mediterranean lifestyle. The Aphrodite Beach Hotel is a family run business located half a kilometre from the natural wonders of the Akamas Peninsula National Park, and a stone’s throw from the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
During the retreat, you will learn a systematic approach to asana yoga, breathwork, mindfulness, compassion and meditation, gaining a real understanding of the link between the mind, body and emotions. The pragmatic approach that both Chris and Emma take to teaching will empower you to make these powerful practices really work for your individual needs and requirements.
- Over 70 hours of teaching time with Chris and Emma
- 7 night accommodation at the breath-taking Aphrodite Beach Hotel
- Discover an integrated spiritual approach to optimal body function
- Learn injury management and reduction techniques
- Deepen your experience of yoga from a pre twentieth century integrity
- Spectacular views of the coastline from the hotel rooms, dining room and yoga shala
- Deepen your knowledge and experience of yoga tantra in its many forms of philosophy, asana, mantra, pranayama, nidra and meditation
- Strengthen the relationship between your body, mind and spirit
- Immersion into the philosophy of yoga and the modern neuroscience of mindfulness meditation
- Practice, rest and reflect at Chrysochous bay, a stone's throw from the hotel
- Follow nature trails to the mythical baths of Aphrodite, the Akamas Peninsula National Park and Latchi fishing harbour
- All meals included
- Full moon ceremony
- Certificate of attendance for the full 7 night immersion available